Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Night Sky

Wrote this after I spent almost half the night up on the terrace once, not thinking but just being:

I met Night Sky today,
And what stories he had, to tell me.

He has been right above me all this while -
What a surprise, I met him only today.
Came everyday, and waited for me,
Or so he says!
But fool that I am,
Caught up with Good Fellow Life;
And what he has, to offer me -
That I missed Night Sky.
He just smiled at me, ordered me to shut up,
And started his tales.

He stopped the Birds,
In a hurry to return to their nests,
To stay a moment for me.
He beckoned to Gentle Breeze-
Who blew in and ruffled my hair.
He asked me to meet his little friends,
And they twinkled their greetings merrily.
Pointing out the solitary plane,
He told me about the little girl in there -
Returning from boarding school,
Her face one big smile.
He promised to introduce his other friends,
Who were just then on their roofs, chatting with him;
Some, about crazy traffic, weddings, and the coming vacation-
Others demanding that he command his absconding friend Rain to come.

He began telling me about Morning Sky,
When, "oh!" I said, "it's time for me to go -
"Good Fellow Life will be waiting for me"
Came the answer - "But, who's that sitting next to you then?!"
We're old friends now, Good Fellow Life, Night Sky and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment