Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I lost my spectacles!

This was written when I was in class 9:

The next few lines that you are to hear,
Are the funniest, do not fear.
That suny afternoon, at school-
It was destined that I play the part of a fool.
There I was, - studiously typing -
And my friend was showing off her new ring.
All of a sudden, my spectacles! they were missing!
And then started a great deal of fussing
I searched and searched and searched everywhere -
By now the typewriters had begun to stare.
I searched every place I could find,
Telling myself that God is kind.
Then the lavatory found me in there,
For my skirt had developed a tear.
Back to class, I then came -
To find that I'd gained a lot of fame.
My friend suddenly pointed at my pocket,
There lay the culprit, right beside my locket!
My teacher exclaimed, "You are Great!"
While I sat down cursing my fate.
------------------------------

Well, I have used poetic license here. My friend was not showing off her ring but something else I dont remember what and there was no locket in my pocket, only the missing spectacles!

No comments:

Post a Comment