Thursday, January 10, 2019

Imperfect Love


A human I think,
Wants to be just loved.
I want to be loved,
For me being me.

I want you to love me,
For being me.
All that I am,
Warts and all,
As they say.
I promise,
I will do the same.

You did that, didn't you?
I did that, didn't I?
Love. Warts and all?
All those years back.
But then, here's the truth.
Who was the real me,
Who loved you?
Who was the real you,
Who loved me?
Did I know me,
All those years back?
Did I love me then?
To expect you to do so?!

It takes lifetimes of a life,
To dig deep;
Doesn't it?
Who am I really,
Who loves you?

And yet, all I want
Is for you to love me,
Despite me!
If I ask you,
Why do you love me?
I don't want answers.
I want you to tell me,
"Hell! I have no clue why.
But I love you,
All of you."

Here,
I throw away my masks -
Of aspirations,
Of ideals,
Of identicalities,
Of dependencies.

And stand naked,
In glorious Imperfection.
Can you love me?
"A challenge to Compassion",
Says Joseph Campbell.

 The perfect human -
S(he) is a myth.
Cast aside the bedtime story then,
And come to my bed.
Let's celebrate our differences,
In togetherness;
Come to my bed then,
To make true love.
Sweaty, messy, clumsy, Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment