Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stay this moment

Stay! Stay a moment,
Stay here with me.
Don't go so fast,
Or you will miss this moment
And miss me.

I will no longer be able
To speak to you clearly -
and tell you of wondrous things
show you the joy of love
or its bitter-sweet pain.
or the learning of achievement
or even the pleasure of failure...
Hurry along in this way -
Your lover I cannot be.
I cannot feel your breath
nor your hand, nor heart.
How can I guide you
to the gentle warmth of sunshine,
Or to the biting cold
of another jealous poet?
You are so far ahead,
and my voice gets weaker.
How can I make love?
My whispers you cannot hear.
You talk to me no longer,
and you are in a race.
You may perhaps win accolades,
But not me.
Don't go so fast
Or you will miss me.


Come Along!
Come along with me.
or I will leave you behind.
I cannot describe the preciseness
and the blurriness of now,
and their strange play
if you lag behind.
I cannot become your violin,
and sing the song of melancholy
neither can I dance,
taking you with me in ecstacy.
the smell of flowers blooming on the roadside
mixed with smells of dust and urine,
You will not know,
You are not here with me.
I am desolate
I am losing you,
but you dont know it,
as you search for me
hanging back.
You need to come along
to be here with me,
this moment.

If you stay a moment,
If you still a moment,
You will know,
I cannot be in the past,
it is an illusion.
I cannot live in the future,
I have not created it yet.
I breathe only this moment,
I dance only this moment
I love only this moment,
I can give you only this moment.
And fool that you are,
you do not recognise
that being your Muse,
I can only be in the here
I can only be in the now
I am goddess only of this moment.
Live this moment, live me.

No comments:

Post a Comment